Now that a new year is upon us, it’s time to take stock of what works and what doesn’t.
You know what bothers me? Indecency! Those people who hurt other people and/or the environment without a conscience. Whether they do it with malice or with ignorance, it still hurts the majority of us and our planet called home. Those who destroy lives and lands for money, that is indecent to me.
I’d have to say greed is hugely indecent. We need laws to protect us from privateers who are so greedy they can’t stop themselves.
Like the oil companies. Like the mining giants headed to the Arctic right now.
Like those who hunted many animals (and some tribes) to near extinction.
Like those who run for-profit industries like medical services, insurance companies, hospitals and pharmaceuticals – their callous attitude is indecent. When profit is more important than their patients, then we all should react and revolt. Medicine should be non-profit in America.
It’s time for a revolution. It won’t be the first one or that last. Jesus was one who started a revolution!
His words: the Sermon on the Mount each begins with:
- …the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:3)
- …those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
- …the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
- …those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be satisfied. (5:6)
- …the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
- …the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
- …the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
- …those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)
And my prose:
They are going to SHELL it
They are going to EXXON it and BP it
They bought the politicians
They bought the votes
They brought the catastrophe
They brought the end… (c) 2014
Happy 2014. We have changes ahead.