I am very honored to have received the Liebster Blog Award nomination from I am Worth The Effort. L. Dwain connected with me on WordPress which led me to follow his blog. I’ve since learned more about his work, I AM Worth The Effort initiative.
I started this blog with the intent to inform and amuse but soon realized I needed to blog about the urgent need to end HUMAN TRAFFICKING and reform adoption. I’m working on a new anthology CALLED HOME, and my other two books are available in our Amazon store.
I firmly continue to believe that all humanity should be treated with dignity and respect and compassion. I graciously accept this award from someone who has been appreciating my posts for a while. Thanks L. Dwain Boswell.
These are the rules according to his nomination.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Post acceptance post and include a thank you to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Choose at least 10 bloggers you wish to nominate with links to their blogs.
3. Answer 10 questions your nominator sent to you.
4. Include 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions for me and my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started in 2009 when my memoir was coming out.
2. What is your best blogging tip? Be ready to work long hours, do research and redesign often.
3. What is your favorite time of the year? Fall, autumn.
4. What is your favorite movie and why? Wonder Boys. It made me feel great, like I could be a novelist and never quite be normal.
5. Your earliest memory goes back to what age? I recall age 4, and a pool incident with my adopted brother.
6. If you had to teach something what would you teach? I would teach how we are all related: Mitakuye Oyasin.
7. Would you rather have more time or money? Money.
8. What makes you smile? My husband Herb is getting into cooking.
9. If you weren’t scared what would you do? I usually ask myself if it’s real or an illusion – and if I need to run and hide.
10. What do you do for fun? I watch movie marathons, three movies non-stop.
Questions for my nominees to answer:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. What is your ritual for starting something new?
3. What is your favorite time of the day to write?
4. Many bloggers are working on a manuscript. Are you planning to write a book, or have one already started?
5. If money and time weren’t an issue, what’s the one thing you’ve always dreamed of doing that you would do?
6. What was the main reason you started your blog/website?
7. Would you rather have more time or money?
8. What makes you smile?
9. Have you ever felt like giving up on writing?
10. What do you do for fun?
And finally here are my 10 nominees: